You Will Also Need:
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth (48oz) (Click To View Swansons)
- 1 can (29oz) tomato puree
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Optional: 2 cups cream (heavy or half & half)
Here's What you do:
- In a 3 or 4-quart non-aluminum pot*, bring broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in soup mix. Return to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomato puree and brown sugar.
- Return to a gentle simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and slow stir in the cream.
- Continue cooking, uncovered on low for 5 minutes and serve.
*Aluminum reacts with the acid in tomatoes and may cause a metallic taste.
Nutrition Facts: (as packaged)
Serving Size: 2 1/4 Tbsp (12g) Dry Mix
Prepared Serving Size: About 1 Cup
Serving Per Container: About 10
Amount per Serving as packaged:
Total Fat: 0g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 9g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 2g
Added Sugars: 0g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Ingredients:Rice, Carrot, Onion, Celery, Shallot, Tomato, Parsley, Yellow Bell Pepper, Basil, Clove, Bay Leaf
NET. WT. 4 oz. (113g)