Gluten Free, Nothing Artificial, No Added Salt. 1.5 hours cooktime, 13 Servings!
You Will Also Need:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 10 cups chicken broth (80oz)
- 1 quartered chicken or 2 large chicken breasts (3-4 cups)
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 box frozen peas or asparagus pieces (10oz)
- Optional: 1 cup white wine
Here's What You Do:
- In a 6-quart pot, melt butter over low heat. Add oil and stir in contents of soup mix vegetable packet.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil.
- Rinse wild rice in a strainer and add to soup pot.
- Add chicken parts (or cut-up chicken breast) and freshly ground pepper to a soup pot.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered for 45-60 minutes.
- If using chicken parts, remove chicken to cool Cut chicken meat off the bones and return meat to the pot.
- Bring soup back to a boil. Add pasta and wine, if desired. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add peas or asparagus during final 3 minutes of cooking time and serve.
Nutritional Information: (as packaged)
Serving Size: about 2 1/8 tbsp dry mix (14g)
Servings Per Container: About 13
Total Fat: 0g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Total Sugars: 2g
Added Sugars: 0g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Ingredients: Corn Pasta, Wild Rice, Carrot, Onion, Celery, Leek, Parsley, Chive, Thyme, Bay Leaf, Savory.